According to the Washington Post, the SAT test is the most widely used college admission test. The test is used to measure your ability to apply for universities in most of the countries. The test scores also help you to figure out your future academic success regarding admissions in undergraduate programs.
Adding to its benefits SAT test also helps you to receive academic scholarships depending upon your score as well as the university.
However, below are the top 3 reasons why to apply for the SAT test.
1. SAT test scores are accepted in the majority of the colleges around the world:-
Almost all the American university accepts the SAT test scores along with hundreds of universities around the world. It is so much popular that nearly 2 million students opted for SAT over ACT in 2018, according to the Washington Post.
2. No negative marking
Cheer up! If you were worrying about the negative marking then you don’t have to because the SAT test scores do not have negative marking for wrong answers.
3. Offers more flexibility:
The SAT tests appear 7 times in a year. This allows you to take the tests several times a year. And it also gives you a reasonable amount of time to prepare for the tests if you are giving the test more then once.
However, it is suggested to take the SAT tests at least twice, which allows sharing your scores to different universities according to their SAT score cut off.
Below are the features of SAT Test:
Now that you are clear why to apply for the SAT test. Let’s talk about how to prepare for the same.
1. First of all, get familiar with the standard of the SAT exam: The standard of SAT exam is generally high and one should always have a clear picture and know about the exam in and out
2. Have an understanding of the exam format: You should have a clear understanding of the test format. The test is conducted for 1600 points that are divided into two sections. First is Math, and the other one includes reading, writing, and language along with essays that are completely optional.
3. Take SAT diagnostic tests - You can take a diagnostic test before taking the SAT test. This will help you know where do you stand and prepare accordingly.
4. Work on your weak areas specific to SAT test - Once you go through the diagnostic test, you will be aware of the subject knowledge that you lack. You can prepare a study schedule to work on those areas and divide the attention to cover the subjects with optimum utilization of time.